With over 27 years of experience, TURSA
is a respected not-for-profit provider of Employment and Training Services. We operate under contracts from the Australian Government, delivering essential services such as Workforce Australia
Employment Services, Disability Employment Services
, and Workforce Australia
– Transition to Work. As an Employment and Training Organisation, we are committed to empowering participants and enabling long-term sustainable employment outcomes.
Our geographical footprint spans over 50 offices from Foster in NSW to Noosaville in QLD. We serve diverse communities and work tirelessly to provide excellent customer service and personalised advice to participants.
As a Payroll Administrator at TURSA
, you'll play a crucial role in ensuring accurate and timely processing of employee salaries, benefits and deductions.
This role will be based at our Management Centre in Tweed Heads
and is a permanent full-time position. Though this role is advertised for full-time, if you are the right candidate, we may consider a part-time position.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
What we offer:
- Handle end-to-end payroll processing, including data entry, calculations and reconciliations
- Maintain accurate payroll records and handle employee queries related to pay
- Work closely with the HR, finance and payroll team to ensure seamless payroll operations
- Investigate and resolve any payroll discrepancies or issues in a timely manner
- Stay up-to-date with tax regulations, superannuation requirements, and other legal obligations
- Accurate administration and recording of payroll information for the Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) Return, Q Leave portal and Workers Compensation schemes.
- Ensure accurate collation, testing, payment, and reporting of the TURSA bonus scheme
- Compile summaries of earnings, taxes, leave and other deduction
We value our team members and offer attractive benefits:
What we need from you:
- Above Award Salaries: Recognising your expertise and dedication
- Monthly Bonuses: Acknowledging your contribution
- Work-Life Balance:
- Fortnightly Rostered Day Off (RDO): Flexible use - full day, half day, 2-hour blocks
- Upcoming Trial of a 4-Day Work Week: Explore new ways of balancing work and life.
- Superannuation at 12%: Investing in your future.
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging Entitlements: Maximising your income.
- Paid Parental Leave: Supporting your family.
- Fully funded access to Professional Development: Enhancing your skills.
Preferrable but not essential:
- You will have high level excel skills with a strong knowledge of complex formulas including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- 3+ years previous payroll experience preferably within a medium to large organisation
- Experience using Micropay or similar payroll application
- An eye for data discrepancies
- End to end knowledge of complex payroll calculations which may include bonus payments, redundancy payments, workers compensation payments, etc.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Confidence in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Highly organised with strong administration skills
- Salary packaging experience within the Not-for-profit sector.
values the diverse backgrounds from which people joined us. Individuals have found rewarding and fulfilling careers with our organisation, contributing their unique experiences and skills.
Visit our website at www.tursa.com.au to explore our services. Watch the video below to see our impact and connect with us on social media.
TURSA reserves the right to appoint an applicant at any time.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Australian Federal Police Check and Working with Children Check.