Wage subsidies may cover up to $10,000 of the employee’s wage
TURSA can assist employers to access Government funded subsidies that can help to cover the cost of hiring a new employee, including the cost of training and wages. As an employer, there are a number of wage subsidies available to you if you hire eligible participants including mature age, long-term unemployed, Indigenous, youth, or parents.
Please note, all wage subsidy figures below are inclusive of GST.
What types of wage subsidies are available?
- Restart: up to $10,000 for employees 50 years of age and over
- Youth Bonus: up to $10,000 for employees 15 to 24 years of age
- Youth: up to $10,000 for employees 25 to 29 years of age
- Parents: up to $10,000 for employees who are a principal carer parent
- Long Term Unemployed: up to $10,000 for employees who have been registered with an employment services provider for 12 months.
- Indigenous Australians: up to $10,000 if all eligibility requirements are met
TURSA also invests in participants and employers and may be able to provide support from the TURSA DES Participant Support Funds and TURSA Workskills Investment Fund for eligible placements.
For further information and to find out if you are eligible to receive a wage subsidy read the Wage Subsidy Fact Sheet or use our online location search tool to contact your local TURSA Business Liaison Team.