Tursa Employment & Training is looking for applicants with strong attention to detail and willingness to learn to join our Accounts team in Lismore as an entry level Administrative Assistant. The successful applicant will have strong organisation skills, and be prepared to operate efficiently in a data entry environment delivering both speed and accuracy.
The Administrative Assistant will be required to work as part of a team, and utilise their time-management skills to identify, cross check and process data in limited timeframes, as well as perform a variety of other administrative duties. Strong numerical, administrative and procedural skills will greatly assist in this role and may offer further growth opportunities within the team. Relevant certificate level qualifications and/or a willingness to undertake further relevant training is desirable.
As a leading provider of Employment Services there are many great reasons to choose to work for TURSA, including its Above Award salaries and employment conditions, including a 9 day fortnight.
All information made available to applicants is set out as follows or is available through the TURSA website, links to the website, our publications, or brochures available for public access at any of our current 58 sites.
Application details and procedures are set out as follows:
- Selection Criteria – please note the submission of Selection Criteria is essential for applications to be considered
- Position Overview
- Application Procedure
- Pre Employment Medical Examination
- Australian Federal Police, Child Protection Check, and other screening as per relevant State requirements.
|1||Previous experience performing data entry duties|
|2||Demonstrated skills to process transactions, enter data into electronic records, and record and file documents efficiently and accurately|
|3||Good communication skills both written and oral|
|4||Capacity to operate confidentially in a commercial, competitive environment|
|5||Proficiency in using MS Office products - Excel, Word, Outlook|
|1||Experience in using MS Dynamics GP|
|2||Relevant business administration / accounting qualifications or undertaking at or above Certificate III|
|3||Motor vehicle driver’s licence|
|ACCOUNTABLE TO:||Deputy Chief Financial Officer|
|Substantive Classification:||Administrative Assistant scale according to relevant experience and/or qualifications and duties (Labour Market Assistance Industry Award 2010)|
|As at:||Friday 7th February 2020|
|OBJECTIVE:||To provide administrative support services to operational staff in an efficient and cost-effective manner.|
- Comply with all TURSA policies, procedures and protocols, contractual requirements, Codes of Conduct, and legislation applicable to relationships with clients, staff, other providers, government agencies and departments
- Perform a range of administrative, financial, and clerical and data entry duties under the direct supervision of another employee with delegated supervisory responsibility
- Operate and use proficiently available office technology including computers, Internet, Email, photo-copiers, PABX systems
- Such other duties as determined by the Deputy Chief Financial Officer or her/his delegate appropriate to and within the general scope and responsibilities of the classification.
- Prepare data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information and establishing entry priorities.
- Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related data entry requirements as needed.
- Assist senior staff in other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Deputy Chief Financial Officer.
Applicants must follow the following format in applying for employment:
- Address all of the selection criteria in a concise and relevant manner in your letter of application or as a separate (preferred) attachment to your letter of application (no more than ½ page per criterion - just a simple statement of fact as to why you believe you meet the criterion will suffice). Objective, quantitative evidence is desired to support your claims. (NOTE: Your application will not be considered if you do not address the selection criteria.)
- Attach a copy of resume with details of three recent, relevant referees, and copies of any qualifications
- Please clearly identify your preferred Site(s) or geographical area
- Please place a footer on each page of any application letter, resume, and addressing of selection criteria stating your name, date and the position applied for
- If preference is to mail application:
Manager – Human Resources,
Tursa Employment & Training,
P.O. Box 241,
TWEED HEADS NSW 2485
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE
TURSA reserves the right to appoint applicants prior to the closing date.
Tursa Employment & Training reserves the right to require applicants to undergo a medical examination before offering employment.
Federal Police and Child Protection Checks:
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Federal Police Checks before confirmation of employment.
All jobs offers will be subject to satisfactory reference checks.