Administrative Officer – Training Administration
Tursa Employment & Training is seeking an Administrative Officer – Training Administration to be based in our Lismore Head Office. The successful applicant will be highly organised and have a sound knowledge of training packages and training course design.
The Administrative Officer – Training Administration will assist the Chief Officer – Training, Learning & Development with the; development of courses, the research and ordering of materials, and the organisation, packaging and distribution of training resources, ensuring compliance with multiple funding sources and ASQA requirements.
A minimum of three years experience in the VET sector and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is desirable but not essential. Knowledge of NSW Smart & Skilled and QLD User Choice requirements would be an advantage. Strong communication skills are important to this role to provide trainer mentor support and assist with the development and maintenance of service delivery standards and procedures.
TURSA offers Above Award salaries and employment conditions, including a 9 day fortnight.
No further information will be supplied to applicants other than as set out as follows or available through the TURSA website or Links to the website, or publications or brochures etc. available for public access at any of our current jobactive sites.
Applicants should not canvass current TURSA staff in respect to their application.
Application details and procedures are set out as follows:
- Selection Criteria – please note the submission of Selection Criteria is essential for applications to be considered.
- Position Overview
- Application Procedure
- Pre-employment Medical
- Federal Police & Child Protection Checks
|Administrative Officer – Training Administration|
|1||Minimum three years experience in a high volume training administration environment|
|2||Advanced communication skills both written and oral|
|3||Capacity to operate confidentially in a commercial, competitive environment|
|4||Minimum typing speed of 40wpm with 98% accuracy and proficiency in the MS Office suite, including advanced Word and Excel.|
|1||Experience in using VETtrak Learning Management Systems software|
|2||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or other relevant qualification at Certificate IV level or above|
|3||Knowledge of NSW Smart and Skilled and QLD User Choice contractual requirements|
|4||Motor vehicle driver’s licence|
|POSITION:||Administrative Officer – Training Administration|
|ACCOUNTABLE TO:||Chief Officer - Training, Learning & Development|
|Substantive Classification:||Administrative Officer (Labour Market Assistance Industry Award 2020)|
|As at:||Monday, 15th March 2021|
|OBJECTIVE:||The Administrative Officer – Training Administration will assist the training unit in administration, operation and compliance to achieve and maintain an ethical, efficient, and effective training service delivery, appropriate to the needs of the participants, and to the level of performance necessary to maintain existing contracts and win new business.|
|SCOPE:||The Administrative Officer – Training Administration shall provide the necessary support to the Training Unit to achieve the requisite training and employment outcomes for all students. The Administrative Officer – Training Administration is responsible for:
- Comply with relevant legislation, company policies, codes of conduct, and service standards as available for reference on the TURSA intranet.
- Maintain knowledge of current developments and practices in accredited and non-accredited training.
- Preparing and maintaining participant student records.
- Arrange Recognition of Prior Learning and/ or Current competencies or Credit Transfers.
- Source, organise, distribute and process all relevant training resources and related paperwork.
- Prepare, and organise training assessments and observations, including the development of proformas.
- In conjunction with the Chief Officer - Training, Learning & Development, mentor trainers providing day to day support.
- Act as a liaison with site staff and Trainers
- Assist in the production and on-time submission of reports required by internal stakeholders or any relevant authorities in accordance with contractual and RTO registration requirements.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of service delivery standards, procedures and best practice customer service with respect to quality service systems, contractual obligations, TURSA guidelines and relevant Standards (including AQF and ASQA).
- Ensure the integrity and appropriateness of data entered into electronic and/or hard copy systems in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.
- Participate in allocated special projects or activities as directed.
- Attend meetings as and when required.
- Perform such other duties consistent with the general function of the position as requested.
Applicants are requested to follow the following format in applying for employment:
- Address all of the selection criteria in a concise and relevant manner in your letter of application or as a separate (preferred) attachment to your letter of application (Maximum 2 pages - just a simple statement of fact as to why you believe you meet the criterion will suffice). Objective, quantitative evidence is desired to support your claims. Please note: The submission of Selection Criteria is essential for applications to be considered.
- Attach a copy of resume with details of three recent, relevant referees, and copies of any qualifications
- Please clearly identify your preferred Site(s) or geographical area
- Please place a footer on each page of any application letter, resume, and addressing of selection criteria stating your name, date and the position applied for
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE
TURSA reserves the right to appoint applicants prior to the closing date.
Tursa Employment & Training reserves the right to request a pre-employment medical prior to an unconditional offer being made.
Federal Police and Child Protection Checks:
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Federal Police and relevant State Child Protection Checks before confirmation of employment.
All jobs offers will be subject to satisfactory reference checks.