ICT Support Officer – Lismore
TURSA is seeking to employ an appropriately qualified and suitably experienced person who meets our selection criteria to provide ICT support services to staff and management. This position will be based at Lismore in New South Wales.
The ICT Support Officer will be responsible for providing technical support to the organisation and ensuring support requests are responded to in a timely manner. The ICT Support Officer is the first point of contact for all ICT enquiries or issues requiring assistance. The successful applicant will need the ability to analyse, troubleshoot and resolve complex problems in a short time frame and have excellent customer service skills.
Staff will need to be flexible and have the ability to adapt as the industry is subject to frequent change and development. The ICT Support Officer will be required to travel with the possibility of occasion overnight stays within TURSA’s area of operations from Noosaville, QLD to Forster, NSW. A current drivers licence is therefore essential.
TURSA offers Above Award salaries and employment conditions, including a 9-day fortnight, salary packaging, and 12% superannuation contributions.
Applicants should not canvass current TURSA staff in respect to their application.
Application details and procedures are set out as follows:
- Selection Criteria
- Position Overview
- Application Procedure
- Medical Examination
- Federal Police & Child Protection Checks
|ICT Support Officer|
|1||Minimum 12 months experience in a Service Desk environment providing ICT support|
|2||Advanced Microsoft Office skills along with demonstrable understanding of mobile technologies, Surface Pro laptops, printers and peripheral hardware|
|3||A demonstrated strong customer service focus with the ability to prioritise whilst working in a fast paced environment|
|4||The ability to learn new material and solve technical problems quickly and explain the resolution clearly to staff and management both verbally and in writing.|
|5||Minimum Cert III level qualifications in ICT|
|6||Motor vehicle driver’s licence|
|7||Preparedness to travel with possible occasional overnight stays|
|POSITION:||ICT Support Officer|
|ACCOUNTABLE TO:||Chief Officer - IDT Group|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Minimum of Administrative Assistant scale according to relevant experience and/or qualifications, and duties. Progress beyond the scale shall be dependent upon appropriate experience, skills, and holding Certificate III or higher relevant qualifications|
|OBJECTIVE:||To provide ICT support services to staff and management at the highest possible professional standard in an efficient and cost-effective manner, and to contribute effectively to the establishment, installation, and maintenance of a modern, efficient ICT environment for the organisation to meet its contractual and organisational objectives and performance standards.|
|SCOPE:||A ICT Support Officer shall be responsible to provide Help Desk technical support to all TURSA staff over the region, as varied from time to time, and to the maintenance, repair, and upgrading of PC’s, laptops, peripheral equipment, and telephony as directed by the Chief Officer - IDT Group. Responsibilities of the incumbent will be within the range of duties set out below and dependent upon experience, qualifications, skills and classification.|
- Comply with all TURSA policies, procedures and protocols, contractual requirements, requirements of Codes of Conduct, and legislation applicable to relationships with clients, other staff, other providers, government agencies and departments.
- Maintain technical knowledge of new developments, products and services in Information & Communication Technologies.
- Adopt Quality Management practises to all aspects of the position.
- Adhere to and uphold ICT policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisitions, usage, support, security, and backup.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries or issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware, diagnosing and resolving any problems with speed, efficiency and accuracy in mind.
- Utilise exceptional communication and research skills to diagnose software or hardware problems, and walk staff through to resolution via phone, email, or person
- Accurately follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), escalating issues to next level support as required
- Promptly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support that require urgent attention
- Establish and maintain network users, user environment, directories and security including the installation and maintenance of networks and cabling for networking computers and/or peripheral equipment.
- Ensure efficient use of applications and equipment.
- Install and maintain approved software, hardware, peripheral equipment, and telephony as required
- Maintain technical knowledge of new developments, products and services in Information Technology and telephony, and advise management of same.
- Ensure security of networks, computers and data by communicating correct procedures and standards for use.
- Consult with management and staff to assist in the development of ICT solutions consistent with organisational objectives.
- Monitor and maintain ICT assets register incl. location, custodian and configuration of networking, computer and peripheral equipment.
- Review computer logs and messages to identify and report on possible violations of security, and report on any abuse or misuse of computers including in particular the Internet and email.
- Assist more senior staff with ICT duties in accordance with policies and procedures. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, and resolving problems.
- Record all service calls to repair computers or peripheral equipment, or software problems encountered by staff and provide written reports as required to management.
- Inform Chief Officer - IDT Group of recurring software or hardware problems
- Carry out such other relevant activities consistent with TURSA’s objectives, programmes and services as the Chief Officer - IDT Group may authorise.
Applicants must follow the following format in applying for employment:
- Address all of the selection criteria in a concise and relevant manner in your letter of application or as a separate (preferred) attachment to your letter of application (no more than ½ page per criterion - just a simple statement of fact as to why you believe you meet the criterion will suffice). Objective, quantitative evidence is desired to support your claims. (NOTE: Your application will not be considered if you do not address the selection criteria.)
- Attach a copy of resume with details of three recent, relevant referees, and copies of any qualifications
- Please place a footer on each page of any application letter, resume, and addressing of selection criteria stating your name, date and the position applied for
TURSA reserves the right to appoint applicants prior to the closing date.
Tursa Employment & Training reserves the right to require applicants to undergo a medical examination before offering employment.
Federal Police and Child Protection Checks:
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Federal Police and relevant State Child Protection Checks before confirmation of employment.
All jobs offers will be subject to satisfactory reference checks.