System Administrator – Lismore
TURSA is seeking to employ an appropriately qualified and suitably experienced person who meets our selection criteria to provide ICT support to staff and management. This position will be based at Lismore in New South Wales.
The System Administrator will be organised, and display a proven ability to operate in a high volume IT Department. The System Administrator shall support, and be an escalation point to the busy service desk. Duties include but are not limited to, the maintenance, repair, and upgrading of computers, peripheral equipment, data networks and telephony within TURSA’s area of operations from Noosaville, QLD to Forster, NSW. The System Administrator will therefore be required to travel with the possibility of occasional overnight stays, a current drivers licence is therefore essential.
TURSA offers Above Award salaries and employment conditions, including a 9-day fortnight, salary packaging, and 12% superannuation contributions.
Applicants should not canvass current TURSA staff in respect to their application.
Application details and procedures are set out as follows:
- Selection Criteria
- Position Overview
- Aptitude and Skills Test
- Application Procedure
- Medical Examination
- Federal Police & Child Protection Checks
|1||Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar IT role.|
|2||Advanced Microsoft Windows/Office skills along with demonstrable understanding of mobile technologies, Surface Pro laptops, printers and peripheral hardware|
|3||Demonstrated ability to install, configure and manage software, hardware and networks|
|4||Demonstrated strong customer service focus with the ability to prioritise whilst working in a fast paced environment|
|5||The ability to learn new material and solve technical problems quickly and explain the resolution clearly to staff and management both verbally and in writing|
|6||Relevant tertiary qualifications in IT|
|7||Motor vehicle driver’s licence with preparedness to travel with possible occasional overnight stays|
|ACCOUNTABLE TO:||Manager - Network Services|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Administrative Assistant scale according to relevant experience and/or qualifications and duties (Labour Market Assistance Industry Award 2010)|
|As at:||Thursday, July 23, 2020|
|OBJECTIVES:||To provide ICT support services to staff and management at the highest possible professional standard in an efficient and cost-effective manner, and to contribute effectively to the establishment, installation, and maintenance of a modern, efficient ICT environment for the organisation to meet its contractual and organisational objectives and performance standards.|
|SCOPE:||The System Administrator shall be responsible to provide Service Desk and technical support to all TURSA staff over the region where TURSA has offices, as varied from time to time, and to the maintenance, repair, and upgrading of computers (clients and servers), peripheral equipment, data networks and telephony as directed by the Manager - Network Services/Chief Officer – IDT Group. Responsibilities of the incumbent will be within the range of duties set out for the position in Sections 1 and 2 below, and dependent upon experience, qualifications, skills and classification.|
- Microsoft Windows Server installation and configuration experience with particular emphasis on advanced server features.
- Microsoft Windows desktop imaging with the ability to create & maintain scripts needed to image desktops.
- Microsoft Office Suite installation and configuration (all versions from Office 2016) with the ability to provide technical support to end users.
- Microsoft Windows networking; TCP/IP fundamentals and wide area networking concepts, design and implementation.
- The ability to diagnose Local Area, Wide Area and Remote access Networking issues for Microsoft Windows Clients.
- Providing second level Support to all TURSA Staff and Contractors as required. Recording all Issues and resolutions in the ServiceDesk management system.
- Providing second level Support, in consultation with a Network Administrator, to first level ICT Support staff as required. Recording all Issues and resolutions in the ServiceDesk management system.
- Maintain user accounts according the ICT Policy and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Setting up client & sever computers using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Deployment ToolKit (MDT), using standard Common Operating Environment (COE) images.
- Ensure security of networks, computers, data and communications according to ICT Policy & System Security Plan (SSP).
- Maintain documentation used by ICT Support staff as directed by the Manager - Network Services/Chief Officer – IDT Group.
- Monitor daily backup processes for successful completion and resolving any issues promptly.
- Monitor and maintain ICT assets register for all movements of assets at all times.
- Record all service calls to repair computers or peripheral equipment, or software problems encountered by staff.
- Liaise with vendors and third party service providers to ensure quality services are delivered at all times and to rectify faults as quickly as possible.
- Assisting management to develop and implement ICT policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisitions, usage, support, security and backup.
- Install and maintain approved software, hardware, peripheral equipment, and network services as required.
- Develop new Common Operating Environments (COE) based on Microsoft Windows Client & Server according to documented requirements.
- Develop and implement disaster recovery procedures in consultation with management.
- Attending to requests from staff at any site for assistance to repair and/or replace and/or answer any queries to meet users’ requirements on computers and/or peripheral equipment, and resolving any software or internet or email problems.
- Meeting with users to identify quality of service and needs, and advising management of same.
- Analysing, recommending selection, and coordinating installation of security software, locks, alarm systems, and other security measures.
- Develop and implementing tests of computer systems to monitor effectiveness of security.
- Reviewing computer logs and messages to identify and report on possible violations of security, and report on any abuse or use of computers not permitted by ICT Policy.
- Creating procedures, flow charts, and diagrams for inclusion in operational documentation.
- Evaluating proposed data processing projects to assess adequacy of existing hardware, and recommends purchase of equipment.
- Monitoring data networks to assess adequacy of existing hardware, capacity and, performance to make recommendations for improvement.
- Equipping and Maintain mobile ICT Workshop to a standard acceptable to Manager - Network Services/Chief Officer – IDT Group.
- Assist Manager - Assets & Property Management with property maintenance issues as required.
- Carry out such other relevant activities consistent with TURSA’s objectives, programmes and services as the Chief Officer – IDT Group may authorise.
- Adhere to and uphold all Organisation policies, plans and procedures as approved by the Board.
- Maintain technical knowledge of new developments, products and services in Information, Communications & Digital Technologies.
- Maintain professional conduct and encourage same in colleagues.
- Adopt Quality Management practises to all aspects of the position.
Aptitude and Skills Test:
You may be required to undertake an Aptitude and Skills Test for this role.
Applicants must follow the following format in applying for employment:
- Address all of the selection criteria in a concise and relevant manner in your letter of application or as a separate (preferred) attachment to your letter of application (no more than ½ page per criterion - just a simple statement of fact as to why you believe you meet the criterion will suffice). Objective, quantitative evidence is desired to support your claims. (NOTE: Your application will not be considered if you do not address the selection criteria.)
- Attach a copy of resume with details of three recent, relevant referees, and copies of any qualifications
- Please place a footer on each page of any application letter, resume, and addressing of selection criteria stating your name, date and the position applied for
TURSA reserves the right to appoint applicants prior to the closing date.
Tursa Employment & Training reserves the right to require applicants to undergo a medical examination before offering employment.
Federal Police and Child Protection Checks:
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Federal Police and relevant State Child Protection Checks before confirmation of employment.
All jobs offers will be subject to satisfactory reference checks.