Manager – Marketing & Communications
Tursa Employment & Training is looking for a Manager – Marketing & Communications to develop and execute the marketing and communications strategy to be based at our TURSA Management Centre, located in Tweed Heads.
The successful applicant will be described as a creative yet pragmatic Manager of Marketing & Communications and have established experience in a not-for-profit or small to medium enterprise environment. They will be able to encapsulate the spirit and purpose of our organisation without reinventing the wheel.
What we offer;
- A 72-hour, 9-day fortnight
- Above award superannuation at 12%
- Access to long service leave after 5 years
- Generous not-for-profit salary packaging entitlements
- Fully-maintained vehicle for personal as well as business use is applicable
- Numerous other staff benefits
The successful applicant will:
- have proven experience refining marketing plans and campaigns.
- have strong project management & multitasking
- have experience designing and managing company social media pages
- understand the benefits of marketing metrics and can confidently provide relevant commentary and recommendations.
- have a natural talent in writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- have experience with marketing automation including digital marketing and CRM tools.
- be a strong team player and stakeholder networking skills.
- have tertiary qualifications in marketing or similar.
- be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- be an Australian citizen or have Australian Residency.
No further information will be supplied to applicants other than as set out as follows or available through the TURSA website or Links to the website, or publications or brochures etc. available for public access at any of our current 58 sites.
Applicants should not canvass current TURSA staff in respect to their application.
Application details and procedures are set out as follows:
- Selection Criteria
- Position Overview
- Application Procedure
- Medical Examination
- Federal Police & Child Protection Checks
|Manager - Marketing & Communications|
|1||Proven experience refining marketing plans and campaigns|
|2||Strong project management & multitasking|
|3||A natural talent in writing, editing and proofreading skills|
|4||Experience designing and managing company social media pages|
|5||Strong stakeholder networking skills|
|6||Experience with marketing automation including digital marketing and CRM tools|
|7||Tertiary qualifications in marketing or similar|
|8||Preparedness to be away overnight or longer as required|
|9||Current motor vehicle driver’s licence|
|POSITION:||Manager – Marketing & Communications|
|ACCOUNTABLE TO:||Chief Officer – Corporate Services or as determined by the Board of Directors|
|SUBSTANTIVE GRADING:||Above award|
|OBJECTIVE:||To contribute effectively and demonstrably to the productivity, viability, and continuity of Tursa Employment & Training by assisting through marketing the delivery of services, programmes, and projects in a cost-effective and vital manner.|
|SCOPE:||The Manager – Marketing & Communications will be required to ensure, within approved TURSA policies, budgets, and processes the effective marketing of TURSA's services to participants and business, as well as the general community. An understanding is required of the complexity of the composition of the market and the differences between the two principal target audiences i.e. participants and employers. The position will be based at the TURSA Management Centre, Tweed Heads, with other senior management but may also operate from a satellite management centre within the Brisbane environs. Travel, including some overnight stays, will be required within TURSA’s total area of service delivery which is currently from Noosaville, QLD to Forster, NSW.|
- Refine and maintain communications and relationships with businesses and participants to maximise satisfactory services being provided by TURSA
- Refine and maintain participant contact tracking systems for business development
- Manage and provide input into the annual marketing budget
- Ensure the accuracy and content of TURSA website in conjunction with Chief Officers
- In conjunction with relevant Chief Officers, project manage communication for TURSA’s Connections>>>2022Digital Transformation project
- Liaise with outside advertising and marketing service providers and agencies to ensure knowledge of latest market trends and techniques
- Refine and plan key marketing activities including; electronic document management, blogs, reports, case studies for training purposes, videos, webinars, events, podcasts, social campaigns and PR activities
- Distribute press releases to media outlets and journalists in consultation with respective Chief Officers
- Conduct as required in conjunction with other relevant management market research surveys including both business and participant satisfaction and needs surveys and associated analysis, and arranges dissemination of results to relevant management
- Uphold TURSA’s reputation and proactively monitor TURSA’s Social Media presence and effectively manage negative or inappropriate content.
- Advise on:
- customer requirements, perceptions, and attitudes to products and services
- any needs or difficulties impacting effective marketing of services in staffing, training, infrastructure, and resources
- Identify gaps in marketing and promoting services and programmes to customers, and advise Chief Officers accordingly
- Analyse performances to ensure that TURSA’s services are marketed within guidelines to obtain maximum outcomes for both business and participants
- Evaluate & refine appropriate marketing strategies to attract both participants and employers to increase business levels
- Evaluate campaigns to ensure effective promotion and advertising of TURSA and its services
- Participate in staff and management meetings as required to coordinate advertising, and promotion of services
- Maintain knowledge of employment services and other related services and programmes available from TURSA and other providers
- Perform such other relevant duties as may be required
Applicants are requested to follow the following format in applying for employment:
- Address all of the selection criteria in a concise and relevant manner in your letter of application or as a separate (preferred) attachment to your letter of application (Maximum 2 pages - just a simple statement of fact as to why you believe you meet the criterion will suffice). Objective, quantitative evidence is desired to support your claims. (Please note: The submission of Selection Criteria is essential for applications to be considered.)
- Attach a copy of resume with details of three recent, relevant referees, and copies of any qualifications
- Please place a footer on each page of any application letter, resume, and addressing of selection criteria stating your name, date and the position applied for
TURSA reserves the right to appoint applicants prior to the closing date.
Tursa Employment & Training reserves the right to require applicants to undergo a medical examination before offering employment.
Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical contraindication certificate (the collection, handling and storage of such information provided, will be undertaken in accordance with the security requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles).
Federal Police and Child Protection Checks:
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Federal Police Checks before confirmation of employment. All jobs offers will be subject to satisfactory reference checks.