Business Trainer – North Coast Region
TURSA is seeking to employ Business Trainers with relevant industry experience, and appropriate qualifications who meet our selection criteria, to provide accredited training services in the following area;
Consideration may be provided for Fixed-Term or Sessional contracts.
Delivery of Employment Services under the jobactive and Disability Employment Services programs are a highly competitive industry. TURSA is currently a very successful and highly-ranked provider of jobactive and Disability Employment Services to businesses and unemployed persons in the eastern seaboard region from Noosaville, Sunshine Coast, QLD to Forster, Mid North Coast, NSW.
No further information will be supplied to applicants other than as set out as follows or available through the TURSA website or links to the website, or publications or brochures etc. available for public access at any of our current jobactive sites.
Application details and procedures are set out as follows:
- Selection Criteria – Applications submitted without addressing the selection criteria WILL NOT be considered
- Position Overview
- Application Procedure
- Federal Police & Child Protection Checks
|Business Trainers – Selection Criteria|
|1||Cert IV or higher qualification in Business|
|2||Essential to hold the Certificate IV Training & Assessment (TAE 40110) including TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills|
|3||Minimum of 3 years’ experience in delivering training|
|4||Ability to deliver individual training to and engage with a range of unemployed participants, early school leavers and long term unemployed|
|5||Ability to liaise with industry, as courses include a work experience component.|
|6||Proficiency in using MS Office products - Excel, Word, Outlook, and Email|
|7||Capacity to operate confidentially in a commercial, competitive environment|
|8||Motor vehicle driver’s licence|
|Grade 2 Training & Placement Officer, LMAI Award, per Clause 10 provisions of the Award.|
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS||Cert IV in Business and Certificate IV in Training & Assessment|
|ACCOUNTABLE TO:||Manager – Training & Development|
|As at:||Friday 11th January 2019|
|OBJECTIVE:||To enable trainees to access, acquire and develop in a non-threatening, supportive environment, the necessary skills and qualifications to achieve and maintain employment or self-employment or seek opportunities for higher learning.|
- Arrange and ensure correct Training Plans and Memoranda of Agreement for Provision of Training with employers and trainees
- Co-ordinate with the selected Australian Apprenticeships Centre on requisite procedures to be followed
- Conduct or arrange to be conducted any Recognition of Prior Learning or Credit Transfer for the trainee
- Where applicable and appropriate, create and compile all relevant training manuals for distribution to trainees
- Organise and/or conduct assessments once trainees have completed relevant training modules
- Maintain required records for the purpose of monitoring all trainees’ progress
- Assist to identify, devise, develop, promote, deliver and assess relevant and valid training courses or units or modules to TURSA's participants or employees of other organisations
- Access relevant Internet sites e.g. ASQA, DEC, AACinfo, DSS, DJSB etc. Ensure ongoing professional development to comply with the requirements of any Training Package as contracted to deliver
- Recommend relevant training courses to employers, trainees, and other relevant parties having regard to each trainee’s and industry specific training needs
- Conduct orientation of trainees and employers on training requirements and obligations
- Provide mentor support and assistance to trainees, and advice on training issues to employers
- Identify and monitor issues adversely affecting trainee’s well-being and participation in training, and make or recommend appropriate referrals to pathways in conjunction with the relevant Employment Adviser or Disability Employment Advocate
- Encourage participants' attendance at any requisite training sessions
- Facilitate resolution of any issues or difficulties that arise in the training and placement of participants
- Refer any difficulties or issues to Manager – Training & Development for further action
- Liaise as required with jobactive and Disability Employment Services, providers, participants, & employers/businesses
- Monitor progress of participants by regular contact in accordance with contractual requirements, complete required reports, including electronic records, for each contact noting any significant events/issues pertinent to training as well as progress e.g. punctuality, absenteeism, attitude, behaviour, skills development, relationship to employer, and record on database within the week of the contact
- Provide phone assistance on request during periods of engagement to employers, trainees, and relevant TURSA staff
- Comply with relevant legislation, company policies, codes of conduct, and service standards as available for reference on the TURSA
- Ensure confidentiality of participants records and data by maintaining such records in locked & secure files
- Applicants must follow the following format in applying for employment:Address all of the selection criteria in a concise and relevant manner in your letter of application or as a separate (preferred) attachment to your letter of application (no more than ½ page per criterion - just a simple statement of fact as to why you believe you meet the criterion will suffice). Objective, quantitative evidence is desired to support your claims.
(NOTE: Your application will not be considered if you do not address the selection criteria.)
- Attach a copy of resume with details of three recent, relevant referees, and copies of any qualifications
- Please clearly identify your preferred Site(s) or geographical area
- Please place a footer on each page of any application letter, resume, and addressing of selection criteria stating your name, date and the position applied for
- If preference is to mail application:
P.O. Box 241,
TWEED HEADS NSW 2485
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE
TURSA reserves the right to appoint applicants prior to the closing date.
Tursa Employment & Training reserves the right to require applicants to undergo a medical examination before offering employment.
Federal Police and Child Protection Checks:
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Federal Police and relevant State Child Protection Checks before confirmation of employment. All jobs offers will be subject to satisfactory reference checks.