Training Resources Officer
Tursa Employment & Training is seeking a Training Resources Officer to be based at our Tweed Heads Management Centre. The successful applicant will be highly organised and have a sound knowledge of training packages and training course design.
The Training Resources Officer will be responsible for the development of assessment tools including RPL kits, learner resources (accredited and non-accredited), course offerings and Training and Assessment Strategies, ensuring compliance with multiple funding sources and ASQA requirements.
A minimum of three years experience in the VET sector and TAE40110 or TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment are required. Knowledge of NSW Smart & Skilled and QLD User Choice requirements are preferred. Strong communication skills are important to this role to provide trainer support and assist with the development and maintenance of service delivery standards and procedures. Relief training delivery may be required on the Gold Coast or North Coast area.
TURSA offers Above Award salaries and employment conditions, including a 9 day fortnight.
No further information will be supplied to applicants other than as set out as follows or available through the TURSA website, www.tursa.com.au, or publications/brochures available for public access at any of our 58 TURSA sites.
Applicants should not canvass current TURSA staff in respect to their application.
Application details and procedures are set out as follows:
- Selection Criteria – please note the submission of Selection Criteria is essential for applications to be considered.
- Position Overview
- Application Procedure
- Medical Examination
- Federal Police & Child Protection Checks
|1||Minimum three years experience in a high volume training environment|
|2||TAE40110/TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or other relevant qualification at Certificate IV level or above|
|3||Advanced communication skills both written and oral|
|4||Capacity to operate confidentially in a commercial, competitive environment|
|5||Demonstrated experience designing and creating compliant learner resources, assessment tools and associated documentation preferably in the Business, Retail, Hospitality and/or Employment Services sectors|
|6||Demonstrated experience as a Trainer/Assessor|
|7||Proficiency in the MS Office suite, including advanced Word and Excel.|
|8||Motor vehicle driver’s licence|
|1||Experience in using VETtrak Learning Management Systems software|
|2||Knowledge of NSW Smart and Skilled and QLD User Choice contractual requirements|
|3||TAE50211/TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development|
|POSITION:||Training Resources Officer|
|ACCOUNTABLE TO:||Chief Officer – Training, Learning & Development|
|Substantive Classification:||Training and Placement Officer Grade 2 (Labour Market Assistance Industry Award 2010)|
|As at:||Monday 3rd February 2020|
|OBJECTIVE:||The Training Resources Officer will assist the training unit in administration, operation and compliance to achieve and maintain an ethical, efficient, and effective training service delivery, appropriate to the needs of the participants, and to the level of performance necessary to maintain existing contracts and win new business.|
|SCOPE:||The Training Resources Officer shall provide the necessary support to the Training Unit to achieve the requisite training and employment outcomes for participants. The Training Resources Officer is responsible for:|
· Supporting the maintenance and integrity of TURSA’s registration as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in accordance with all relevant frameworks including the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015, the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) guidelines.
· Assist in the delivery, co-ordination, review and enhancement of TURSA’s RTO programmes, and other activities, projects and services in accordance with legislative requirements, contractual specifications and guidelines, key performance indicators, codes of conduct, quality assurance standards and obligations, and organisational policies, priorities, and capacities.
· Contributing meaningfully and willingly to the overall integration and co-ordination of training with TURSA’s programmes, projects, services, staff, resources, infrastructure, and sites in pursuit of TURSA’s constitutional objectives and Mission Statement.
Travel, including overnight stays, within TURSA’s area of activities will be required.
- Comply with relevant legislation, company policies, codes of conduct, and service standards as available for reference on the TURSA intranet.
- Maintain knowledge of current developments and practices in accredited and non-accredited training.
- Preparing and maintaining learner resources, assessment tools and associated documentation.
- Monitor Recognition of Prior Learning and/or Current competencies or Credit Transfers.
- Administer the distribution of all relevant training resources and related paperwork.
- Prepare, and organise training assessments and observations, including the development of proformas.
- In conjunction with the Chief Officer – Training, Learning & Development, mentor trainers providing day to day support.
- Act as a liaison with site staff and Trainers
- Assist in the production and on-time submission of reports required by internal stakeholders or any relevant authorities in accordance with contractual and RTO registration requirements.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of service delivery standards, procedures and best practice customer service with respect to quality service systems, contractual obligations, TURSA guidelines and relevant Standards (including AQF and ASQA).
- Ensure the integrity and appropriateness of data entered into electronic and/or hard copy systems in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.
- Participate in allocated special projects or activities as directed.
- Attend meetings as and when required.
- Perform such other duties consistent with the general function of the position as requested.
Applicants are requested to follow the following format in applying for employment:
- Address all of the selection criteria in a concise and relevant manner in your letter of application or as a separate (preferred) attachment to your letter of application (no more than ½ page per criterion - just a simple statement of fact as to why you believe you meet the criterion will suffice). Objective, quantitative evidence is desired to support your claims. (Please note: The submission of Selection Criteria is essential for applications to be considered.)
- Attach a copy of resume with details of three recent, relevant referees, and copies of any qualifications
- Please clearly identify your preferred Site(s) or geographical area
- Please place a footer on each page of any application letter, resume, and addressing of selection criteria stating your name, date and the position applied for
- If preference is to mail application:
Manager – Human Resources,
Tursa Employment & Training,
P.O. Box 241,
TWEED HEADS NSW 2485
TURSA reserves the right to appoint applicants prior to the closing date.
Tursa Employment & Training reserves the right to require applicants to undergo a medical examination before offering employment.
Federal Police and Child Protection Checks:
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Federal Police and relevant State Child Protection Checks before confirmation of employment. All jobs offers will be subject to satisfactory reference checks.