Reasons why you need a resume summary statement
As mentioned, summary statements are a great way to stand out and find employment. Here are some examples of reasons your resume should have a summary statement:
- It gives hiring managers a quick overview of your skills and experience.
- It helps you tailor your resume to specific job openings.
- It shows that you’re a proactive and motivated candidate.
- It can help you get your foot in the door for an interview.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to write a resume summary statement:
- Start by brainstorming a list of your skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Think about the specific job you’re applying for, and identify the skills and experience that are most relevant to the position.
- Write a brief paragraph that highlights your most relevant skills and experience.
- Use strong action verbs and specific examples to quantify your accomplishments.
- Proofread your summary statement carefully to make sure it’s free of errors.
Resume summary statement example
Experienced administrative professional with a proven track record in efficiently managing office operations. Skilled in coordinating schedules, organising documents, and providing excellent customer service. Dedicated and detail-oriented with strong communication and problem-solving abilities. Committed to supporting team productivity and ensuring smooth workflow. Seeking an administrative role where I can contribute my expertise and contribute to the success of the organisation.
Tips for writing a strong resume summary statement:
Writing a resume summary can be tricky at first, but now you know what to do, you can have a go. But, when writing a summer statement, you’ll want to keep the following in mind:
- Keep it brief: Your summary statement should be a maximum of a few sentences long.
- Be specific: Don’t just list your skills and experience; use specific examples to quantify your accomplishments.
- Use strong action verbs: and make a strong impression on hiring managers.
- Proofread carefully: Typos and grammatical errors will make you look unprofessional.
A well-written resume summary statement is a valuable asset to any job seeker. These tips will assist you in writing a summary statement to help you stand out from the competition and land your dream job. Check out some other great tips on how to make that RESUME jump.