What does my new job look like?
Here are some tips that may help you figure out what you want to do:
- Reflect on your values, interests, and skills. Consider what is most important to you in a career, what you enjoy doing, and what you are good at, narrowing down your options and finding a job that aligns with your passions and strengths. Check out what are your skills by taking this free assessment
- Research different career options. Look into various industries, job titles, and companies that interest you. Find out what a typical day is like in these roles and what kind of education or experience is required. This will help you better understand what each career entails and whether it is a good fit for you check out this article.
- Network with people in your field of interest. Connect with professionals already in the industry or a career you are interested in pursuing. Ask them about their experiences, advice, and any tips they have for breaking into the field.
- Get hands-on experience. Consider internships, part-time jobs, or volunteer work to gain practical experience in your field of interest. Build your skills and make connections in the industry. TURSA can assist you with work experience opportunities for instance, contact us directly for support.
- Seek guidance from a career coach or counsellor. If you are having trouble figuring out your career path, you can work with a professional who can help you explore your options and make a plan. For example, TURSA provide end to end support if you are managing a disability, registered with Workforce Australia or Transition to Work program. More information is available on our website to support you.