Disability Employment Services
Information About DES-ESS Services
Tursa Employment & Training has operated in the NSW North Coast Region since early 1995 delivering high quality training and employment services for employers and workers, in accordance with the organisation’s objectives. The organisation has expanded its base to encompass the Sunshine Coast area of Queensland, and as far South as Port Macquarie, operating from Forster to Noosaville.
TURSA remains independent and a non-profit organisation that provides a range of diverse and quality government contracted services. Since 1995 TURSA has established a comprehensive footprint of delivering quality services from over 50 centres. We specialise in attaining employment and training outcomes that achieve real opportunities that meet the need of disadvantaged jobseekers and businesses sourcing skilled staff.
ELIGIBILITY FOR DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT SERVICES - EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT SERVICE (DES-ESS)
TURSA will accept all clients referred to us by Centrelink, who have completed an Employment Services Assessment (ESAt) and deemed eligible for DES-ESS. Eligibility for those clients who wish to self-refer is defined by satisfying all the following criteria:
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Aged between 14 and 65 years
- Have a disability, injury or health condition
- Have a future work capacity greater than 8 hours per week
- Have undertaken or willing to undertake an ESAt (exceptions see below)
- If Job in Jeopardy participant, will have been working a minimum of 8 hours every week for the past 13 weeks AND at risk of losing job
An ESAt is not required to be undertaken for the following groups of self-referrals:
- Job in Jeopardy participants
- Special Class Clients
The SERVICE and PROCESSES to expect
All DES-ESS services will be delivered according to National Standards for Disability Services. What else can you expect?
- An Employment Adviser will be assigned to work with you personally
- Fortnightly appointments (or minimum Monthly in exceptional circumstances e.g. mobility issues)
- Goal setting and planning – this will continue to be reviewed throughout your time with us
- Courteous and professional staff who will listen and respond to your needs in a timely manner
- The opportunity for you to give regular feedback to TURSA
- Before exiting our service, a final assessment is made to ensure you are equipped to remain in the workforce without any further intervention
YOUR FEEDBACK IS ESSENTIAL
It is part of TURSA’s Continuous Improvement to involve our clients in the provision of client services. We value your input at any time, and we will also like you to complete a Survey Questionnaire at different points during your time with us. At any time you can provide online feedback or via the Contact Us menu option. Also, if you are interested, please ask your Employment Adviser more about attending our Customer Focus Groups, where clients have the opportunity to give feedback on services provided, organise activities and enjoy a cuppa and support from others. If you have any other concerns that you are being mistreated, contact National Customer Service Line.